seL4 Version 7.0.0 Release
Announcing the release of
seL4 7.0.0 with the following changes:
- Support for building standalone ia32 kernel added in
- ia32: Set sensible defaults for FS and GS selectors in
- aarch64: Use tpidrro_el0 for IPC buffer instead of tpidr_el0
- More seL4 manual documentation added for aarch64 object invocations
NUM_DOMAINSset to 16 for x86-64 standalone builds in
- libsel4: Return
seL4_Errorin invocation stubs in
8fb06eecff9** This is a source code level breaking change **
- Add a CMake based build system in
- x86: Increase TCB size for debug builds in
- libsel4: x86: Remove nested struct declarations in
a8d6315eb16** This is a source code level breaking change **
- Bugfix: x86: Unmap pages when delete non final frame caps in
- CMake based build system added: Initial experimental support has been added for using CMake for building the kernel and some user level libraries. Currently the only project that takes advantage of this is seL4test when using the cmake.xml manifest in sel4test-manifest. Documentation can be found at: https://github.com/seL4/seL4_tools/tree/master/cmake-tool
- This release is not source compatible with previous releases.
- seL4 invocations that previously returned long now return
seL4_Errorwhich is an enum. Our libraries have already been updated to reflect this change, but in other places where seL4 invocations are used directly, the return types will need to be updated to reflect this change.
- On x86 some structs in the Bootinfo have been rearranged. This
seL4_VBEModeInfoBlock_twhich is used if VESA BIOS Extensions (VBE) information is being used.
- One of our tests is non-deterministicly becoming unresponsive on the SMP release build on the Sabre IMX.6 platform, which is a non verified configuration of the kernel. We are working on fixing this problem, and will likely do a point release once it is fixed.
git log 6.0.0..7.0.0 in
See the 7.0.0 manual included in the release or ask on the mailing list!