capDL Version capdl-0.2.0 Release
Announcing the release of
capdl-0.2.0 with the following changes:
capdl-0.2.0 2020-10-26 Using seL4 version 12.0.0
Convert to SPDX license tags. This includes marking all documentation files CC-BY-SA-4.0.
- Build system:
CMakeForegroundComplexCommands. This enables long-running build steps like Haskell installation to directly print to the console.
- Make PLATFORM_SIFT agnostic of the build system directory layout
- Save the binary artifacts for the capDL-tool in an out-of-build-tree directory, this will not rebuild in future if it can find a previously built artifact.
- Migrate scripts to python3
seL4_BadgeBitsconstant and update python-capdl-tool to directly query the object_sizes dictionary. This allows for templates to use badge sizes.
- Add support for Arm smmu v2.
- Add support for Arm GetTrigger and GetTriggerCore seL4 invocations. This enables specs to correctly specify interrupt trigger mode and core affinities on Arm.
- Add TCB Resume field to capDL object and support raw TCB object creation.
- Add GitHub actions scripts. These scripts replicate internal CI checks directly on GitHub
- rework validObjCap and check TCB slots, which allows vcpus for all architectures.
- convert CapDL language specification to Markdown.
- Improve log output.
- Initialise libc in debug builds.
- Add check to only flush and invalidate kernel memory regions in capdl loader on Arm. Add platform_info header with memory window.
- Add vcpu support for aarch64.
- Handle IRQ binding to badged notifications properly: If an irq is bound to a notification with a non-zero badge, a badged capability is minted and used. Previously, the IRQ was bound to the unbadged notification.
- Track number of used untypeds during object allocation and fail more gracefully if they run out.
- Improve debugging printouts.
- Fix issue where large DTB images inside BootInfo would overlap reserved memory address used to initialise frames.
- Remove CONFIG_CAPDL_LOADER_ALLOW_NO_CSPACE config option as it has been unused for a while.
- Optimize spec generation performance:
- Sort elf symbols by their vaddr.
- Replace linear search with binary when looking for virtual addresses.
- Fix Python syntax warnings when
git log 0.1.0..capdl-0.2.0 in
See the documentation or ask on the mailing list!