seL4 Version 8.0.0 Release
Announcing the release of
seL4 8.0.0 with the following changes:
- Support for additional zynq platform Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC (Xilinx ZCU102, ARMv8a, Cortex A53)
- Support for multiboot2 bootloaders on x86 (contributed change from Genode Labs)
seL4_CapData_ttype and functions related to it
- A fastpath improvement means that when there are two runnable threads and the target thread is the highest priority in the scheduler, the fastpath will be hit. Previously the fastpath would not be used on IPC from a high priority thread to a low priority thread.
- As a consequence of the above change, scheduling behaviour has changed in the case where a non-blocking IPC is sent between two same priority threads: the sender will be scheduled, rather than the destination.
- Benchmarking support for armv8/aarch64 is now available.
- Additional x86 extra bootinfo type for retrieving frame buffer information from multiboot 2
- Debugging option to export x86 Performance-Monitoring Counters to user level
seL4_CapData_tshould be replaced with just seL4_Word. Construction of badges should just be x instead of
seL4_CapData_Badge_new(x)and guards should be
seL4_CNode_CapData_new(x, y)instead of
- Code that relied on non-blocking IPC to switch between threads of the same priority may break.
Refer to the git log in
git log 7.0.0..8.0.0
See the 8.0.0 manual included in the release or ask on the mailing list!