seL4 Version 10.0.0 Release
Announcing the release of
seL4 10.0.0 with the following changes:
10.0.0 2018-05-28: BREAKING
- Final version of the kernel which supports integration with Kbuild based projects
- Future versions, including this one, provide a CMake based build system
For more information see Building.
- x86 IO ports now have an explicit IOPortControl capability to gate their creation. IOPort capabilities may now only be created through the IOPortControl capability that is passed to the rootserver. Additionally IOPort capabilities may not be derived to have smaller ranges and the IOPortControl will not issue overlapping IOPorts
- 32-bit support added for the initial prototype RISC-V architecture port
- A rootserver must now create IOPort capabilities from the provided IOPortControl capability. As IOPorts can not have their ranges further restricted after creation it must create capabilities with the final desired granularity, remembering that since ranges cannot overlap you cannot issue a larger and smaller range that have any IO ports in common.
Refer to the git log in
git log 9.0.1..10.0.0
See the 10.0.0 manual included in the release or ask on the mailing list!